Below is the criteria to become a Glasser Quality School:
- Relationships are based upon trust and respect, and all discipline problems, not incidents, have been eliminated.
- Total Learning Competency is stressed and an evaluation that is below competence or what is now a "B" has been eliminated. All schooling as defined by Dr. William Glasser has been replaced by useful education.
- All students do some Quality Work each year that is significantly beyond competence. All such work receives an "A" grade or higher, such as an "A+".
- Students and staff are taught to use Choice Theory in their lives and in their work in school. Parents are encouraged to participate in study groups to become familiar with the ideas of Dr. William Glasser.
- Students do better on state proficiency tests and college entrance examinations. The importance of these tests is emphasized in the school.
- Staff, students, parents and administrators view the school as a joyful place.
For more information about Quality Schools and Choice Theory, please see the following website: